? Users online on discord!

Click to join our official discord server!

What's new

MineSaga.org

Click to copy the IP address!

Undead Update

Gullible

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
Plus
generatedtext (3).png
Hello everyone,

It is time for another update post today. It has been almost a month since our last update but we have been very busy over the festive period so we were unable to get one out. However, today we bring to you the Undead Update! Make sure you read the whole post so you know exactly how it works. We hope you like it.

Masks
Masks are a new feature that we have wanted to introduce for a while now, but were not big enough to go in an update of there own. We have finally found another update that we can fit it into. There are 4 different types of masks for now. Of course we will be adding more in the future and as you suggest some ideas for masks we can get them added also.

Masks are purchased via the masks shop which can be accessed at /souls menu.

Hovering over each mask will give you information about it and hovering over nether star will allow you to see how many souls you currently have. You can purchase a mask by clicking on the one you would like to buy. Masks can be purchased with souls. Souls are explained later in this post.

To equip a mask, place it in your helmet slot. While wearing the mask, it will go down in energy. To recharge your mask simply take it off your head and it will recharge over time. It will only update the percentage when you put it back on your head so to see what percentage charge it is at simply just wear it again and it will update.

The 4 masks have different boosts/benefits. You can find the list of what each one does below.
  • Pig (+5% sell boost whilst equipped)
  • Cow (1.2x mob spawning on your island)
  • Wolf (-10% damage whilst equipped and permanent Speed)
  • Slime (no fall damage and permanent Jump Boost 3)

Souls
Souls are essentially a new form of currency that can be used to do 2 things as of right now. Souls can be gained by killing mobs by hand. This doesn't mean with your hand, it just means killed manually as apposed to being killed by a drop or lava etc. You will not get a soul for every mob you kill but you will have a percentage chance to get one.

Souls are virtual but can be withdrawn with /souls withdraw <amount>. When you gain enough Souls, you can use them to buy a mask or they can be withdrawn using the command above and thrown into the Pit of Darkness at spawn. When there are enough Souls in the Pit of Darkness, the Purgatory event will start.

Purgatory
This is probably my favorite thing about this update. To start the Purgatory event, you can find the Pit of Darkness in the spawn area of the realm you are on. A picture of it can be seen below so you know what to look for.

Next to this, there will be 2 holograms. One of which shows you the state that the Purgatory event is in (how long left of the event or how long until it is active) and another shows you how many Souls have been thrown into the Pit of Darkness. So, to start the event, simply throw souls into this pit and the hologram counts up. Once it reaches 250 Souls, the event will start once the countdown on the hologram is up. The event can only take place every 4 hours.

So, what exactly is the event? When the Purgatory event is active, all undead mobs that spawn (Skeletons, Zombies and Pigmen) will have a high percentage chance to drop an extra mob drop that will sell for a lot of extra money. For instance, when a zombie dies during the purgatory event, it will have a 50% chance to drop an extra redstone dust which will sell for $150 while the event is active.

We hope you enjoy this update. As we said, there is plenty more room for more skulls, we just wanted to get the concept out there so we can take suggestions from you guys as to what other ones you would like to see so feel free to leave suggestions!

If you haven't seen, our Prison realm is reopening on Saturday at 2 PM EST. You can find the reset post here: https://www.minesaga.org/threads/prison-relaunch.28414/. We are also looking for suggestions for our Skyblock resets. Thank you to all that have contributed so far but we need more! You can find that link here: https://www.minesaga.org/threads/what-do-you-want.28403/

Thanks guys,
play.minesaga.org

Last edited:

Jerry_120

I can't wait to kill zombies for a 50% chance to get redstone and sell it for $150. The big bucks about to roll in!! :)

Sxwish

Tyrannosaurus
Outlaw
Viscount
Engineer
Warlock
see the community doesn't really want more 🤷‍♂️ we want something that will bring players in, not something to bring people out of their islands. if people make millions on the first day, this is nowhere close to as useful as spawners or dungeons...

Mistine

Commander
Marquess
Wanted
Triceratops
Sorcerer
see the community doesn't really want more 🤷‍♂️ we want something that will bring players in, not something to bring people out of their islands. if people make millions on the first day, this is nowhere close to as useful as spawners or dungeons...
Can’t have more fun if you have nobody to share it with 😪

Antr0p0s

Legend
Commander
Cowboy
Tyrannosaurus
Marquess
Wizard
Epic
*cough* advertising

System

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
Plus
Pro
*cough* advertising
I mean if you wanna pay the tens of thousands of dollars to fund a single YouTuber that may or may not bring any players to the server, feel free to send the money our way but to us, the risk is not worth the reward. MineSaga is still going as strong as it has been for many months, despite the declining playercount, and when resets come around, it'll be boosted back up again. Please stop trashing every single communication method with "advertise", I've owned MineSaga for two years, Gullible & Config have been managing & owning successful servers for many more, and I'm sure they know the right moves to make.

Additionally, you're more then feel to submit your 'game breaking' suggestions on our what do you want to see thread that you think will bring in a bunch of players, but until then, we'll keep adding our ususal small content to the game like we have done for two years. Not that any large change would be implemented mid map anyways, so your comment is all but useless, no offence.

Antr0p0s

Legend
Commander
Cowboy
Tyrannosaurus
Marquess
Wizard
Epic
I mean if you wanna pay the tens of thousands of dollars to fund a single YouTuber that may or may not bring any players to the server, feel free to send the money our way but to us, the risk is not worth the reward. MineSaga is still going as strong as it has been for many months, despite the declining playercount, and when resets come around, it'll be boosted back up again. Please stop trashing every single communication method with "advertise", I've owned MineSaga for two years, Gullible & Config have been managing & owning successful servers for many more, and I'm sure they know the right moves to make.

Additionally, you're more then feel to submit your 'game breaking' suggestions on our what do you want to see thread that you think will bring in a bunch of players, but until then, we'll keep adding our ususal small content to the game like we have done for two years. Not that any large change would be implemented mid map anyways, so your comment is all but useless, no offence.
So advertising is not worth the money but yet you say that the player counts are in decline because you haven't advertised in months

So are the declining playercounts because of the lack of advertising or not?

System

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
Plus
Pro
So advertising is not worth the money but yet you say that the player counts are in decline because you haven't advertised in months

So are the declining playercounts because of the lack of advertising or not?
This thread is not the place for the discussion of the playercount or other relating factors, you've received your warning, so please stop.

Sxwish

Tyrannosaurus
Outlaw
Viscount
Engineer
Warlock
This thread is not the place for the discussion of the playercount or other relating factors, you've received your warning, so please stop.
Personally, a forum is a forum, and all sorts of controversy will happen you can't warn @Antr0p0s because he did nothing wrong. ( https://www.minesaga.org/threads/minesaga-rules-and-guidelines.20065/ )

You, the owners, staff, everyone in every single realm, and I know that the play count is declining. Paying for additional updates is crucial to provide the community with happiness, however, I believe that the allocation of money to advertise is also an important aspect to keep the server prospering. If you choose to pay developers (If you even do) or purchase plugins, over the advertisement of YouTubers or any other third-party advertiser then your social activity with potential players will decrease. No offense, but YouTubers like Zixxter for an example is an amazing Youtuber, however, if you look at the Minesaga Content it only really peeks to 200 viewers. 14 Dragon another amazing person I know. He doesn't post as much Minesaga content as he used to and chooses other sources of content to increase his viewer base. I have not seen a Minesaga YouTuber since Grapeapplesauce or VintageBeef that hauled a massive amount of players in ( And this was in 1.0 ) I recall playing and you celebrating when the server had two or three thousand players on once again in 1.0. Statistically speaking your search rates in the past year have plummeted by 100%. You stated that "when resets come around, it'll be boosted back up again," but since 3.0 your rebound of players was still 80% less popular than the release of 2.0. Advertising would be helpful. You guys spend 750$ USD if not more for payouts. Set the payouts to 100$ and you decreased the amount weekly to 500$, and the extra 250$ could be used towards marketing. You may also have noticed a decline in players, you can figure that one out.

Criticism towards the update... I completely understand that you want to add updates, however, what did the bloodshed update really do? No one PVP's still, and yet you, Gullible, and Config still choose PVP over the quality of life of the server (Not including an economy change mid-way through the season). I am personally not a 1.0 warrior, and I don't believe that we need to do a 100% revert, but a fix to the economy was what I was trying to get at. No one will be in the purgatory when you have people indirectly abusing alts to get dungeon passes. My only idea is to remove dungeons or any other farmable in-game item that gives millions without problems. Yellow ranks and up get high levels of protection that allow dungeons and warp PVP to be a breeze.

With the decline of players, search rates, and solid ideas I think that the development and team and the owners can revert this damage. You can ask yourself why are more people going to Hypixel? What does their Skyblock have to offer that ours don't? Of course, you don't want a carbon copy of their work, but maybe something more vanilla would be a softer approach to such a manipulable concept. Their game has speed suits, masks, and custom items, but you have other farmable items. With the right advertising, balance, and intuition you could and or will bring Minesaga back. Honestly, you calling my comment useless was inconsiderate, taking into account that your server is already at rock bottom when it comes to searches, and you have three realms with less than 100 players. All of your ideas have been useless, terrible, and I would like to see if you can come to a solid conclusion to help your server out.

Best of luck,
~Sxwish

P.S. An actual eye-opening comment 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully you could get that through your thick skull lmao

Config

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
Personally, a forum is a forum, and all sorts of controversy will happen you can't warn @Antr0p0s because he did nothing wrong. ( https://www.minesaga.org/threads/minesaga-rules-and-guidelines.20065/ )

You, the owners, staff, everyone in every single realm, and I know that the play count is declining. Paying for additional updates is crucial to provide the community with happiness, however, I believe that the allocation of money to advertise is also an important aspect to keep the server prospering. If you choose to pay developers (If you even do) or purchase plugins, over the advertisement of YouTubers or any other third-party advertiser then your social activity with potential players will decrease. No offense, but YouTubers like Zixxter for an example is an amazing Youtuber, however, if you look at the Minesaga Content it only really peeks to 200 viewers. 14 Dragon another amazing person I know. He doesn't post as much Minesaga content as he used to and chooses other sources of content to increase his viewer base. I have not seen a Minesaga YouTuber since Grapeapplesauce or VintageBeef that hauled a massive amount of players in ( And this was in 1.0 ) I recall playing and you celebrating when the server had two or three thousand players on once again in 1.0. Statistically speaking your search rates in the past year have plummeted by 100%. You stated that "when resets come around, it'll be boosted back up again," but since 3.0 your rebound of players was still 80% less popular than the release of 2.0. Advertising would be helpful. You guys spend 750$ USD if not more for payouts. Set the payouts to 100$ and you decreased the amount weekly to 500$, and the extra 250$ could be used towards marketing. You may also have noticed a decline in players, you can figure that one out.

Criticism towards the update... I completely understand that you want to add updates, however, what did the bloodshed update really do? No one PVP's still, and yet you, Gullible, and Config still choose PVP over the quality of life of the server (Not including an economy change mid-way through the season). I am personally not a 1.0 warrior, and I don't believe that we need to do a 100% revert, but a fix to the economy was what I was trying to get at. No one will be in the purgatory when you have people indirectly abusing alts to get dungeon passes. My only idea is to remove dungeons or any other farmable in-game item that gives millions without problems. Yellow ranks and up get high levels of protection that allow dungeons and warp PVP to be a breeze.

With the decline of players, search rates, and solid ideas I think that the development and team and the owners can revert this damage. You can ask yourself why are more people going to Hypixel? What does their Skyblock have to offer that ours don't? Of course, you don't want a carbon copy of their work, but maybe something more vanilla would be a softer approach to such a manipulable concept. Their game has speed suits, masks, and custom items, but you have other farmable items. With the right advertising, balance, and intuition you could and or will bring Minesaga back. Honestly, you calling my comment useless was inconsiderate, taking into account that your server is already at rock bottom when it comes to searches, and you have three realms with less than 100 players. All of your ideas have been useless, terrible, and I would like to see if you can come to a solid conclusion to help your server out.

Best of luck,
~Sxwish

P.S. An actual eye-opening comment 🤷‍♂️ Hopefully you could get that through your thick skull lmao
I don't necessarily think it's fair to say we're declining, as yes, we do decline, but then once we do resets we go back up to the same count we were at before. I think a more fair statement is that we're not growing.

Advertisement is very expensive. It's getting even more expensive than it used to be and throwing an additional $250 in to it won't make a significant difference, if any. It's very hard to also find effective YouTubers. For example, we've had probably over 50 different content creators upload on MineSaga, and only 3 or 4 have made a really big, significant difference (Beef and Grape being two of those who did make a difference).

We don't choose PVP over QOL, in fact, it's the opposite. Over our two years of uptime, over 90% of our content has been geared towards gameplay and mechanics. Our PVP updates are to try and encourage PVP slightly more and to give users new things to do, but we understand they're not for everyone. We work on multiple updates simultaneously.

I'm glad you're not one of the people who simply scream "revert" then won't play once we do, but there's a large portion that does, and it's very demotivating to us. We've spent two years (and lots of money) on creating a server that we believe is far better than it used to, but people are nostalgic and can't get over the way things used to be. It's hard to change the economy midway through seasons without people getting upset & quitting. We'll obviously work on the issues & sort things, but it can sometimes prove to be tricky.

Hypixel Skyblock is COMPLETELY different from our network. They focus on an RPG based experience, something that if we were to do, we'd drop 95% of our players overnight. We focus on providing a fairly competitive Skyblock experience. We've tried to add new features to make things different, but people never like them. (as proven by the "revert" comments)

We're not at rock bottom, far from it. We're still one of the largest Minecraft servers and we're still doing well, albeit, not as well as we used to do. Obviously we've got things planned, but certain things that we simply cannot do.

(and, your last statement was unnecessary and rude, but w/e)

System

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
Plus
Pro
This thread is for the discussion of the content update, not the player count or advertising as such, and so would be covered by the off topic rule.

however, I believe that the allocation of money to advertise is also an important aspect to keep the server prospering. If you choose to pay developers (If you even do) or purchase plugins, over the advertisement of YouTubers or any other third-party advertiser then your social activity with potential players will decrease.
Not only is development ten folds cheaper then advisement, despite more skill involved (imo) all of our recent updates have been developed by myself (Not planned), to save on money so it can be better allocated elsewhere, i.e savings for when we do big updates such as 3.0 which requires a lot of development and advertising.

You stated that "when resets come around, it'll be boosted back up again," but since 3.0 your rebound of players was still 80% less popular than the release of 2.0.
Yes and 3.0 was a step in the wrong direction in some ways which we have taken note of and are rectifying with the upcoming resets, inclusive of player opinion from our latest what do you want thread.

I still standby where I called your comment useless, it didn't add anything, just talked bad of the update on behalf on everyone - players do enjoy small incremental updates like this one as many have already expressed this delight with it however you cannot please everyone and nothing big will be added mid game. If all the ideas that we've had are useless / terrible then MineSaga would have never reached points like it had in the past, and you wouldn't be here arguing your point.

I mean if anything this just undermines your entire post.

Sxwish

Tyrannosaurus
Outlaw
Viscount
Engineer
Warlock
This thread is for the discussion of the content update, not the player count or advertising as such, and so would be covered by the off topic rule.

Not only is development ten folds cheaper then advisement, despite more skill involved (imo) all of our recent updates have been developed by myself (Not planned), to save on money so it can be better allocated elsewhere, i.e savings for when we do big updates such as 3.0 which requires a lot of development and advertising.

Yes and 3.0 was a step in the wrong direction in some ways which we have taken note of and are rectifying with the upcoming resets, inclusive of player opinion from our latest what do you want thread.

I still standby where I called your comment useless, it didn't add anything, just talked bad of the update on behalf on everyone - players do enjoy small incremental updates like this one as many have already expressed this delight with it however you cannot please everyone and nothing big will be added mid game. If all the ideas that we've had are useless / terrible then MineSaga would have never reached points like it had in the past, and you wouldn't be here arguing your point.

I mean if anything this just undermines your entire post.
I don't necessarily think it's fair to say we're declining, as yes, we do decline, but then once we do resets we go back up to the same count we were at before. I think a more fair statement is that we're not growing.

Advertisement is very expensive. It's getting even more expensive than it used to be and throwing an additional $250 in to it won't make a significant difference, if any. It's very hard to also find effective YouTubers. For example, we've had probably over 50 different content creators upload on MineSaga, and only 3 or 4 have made a really big, significant difference (Beef and Grape being two of those who did make a difference).

We don't choose PVP over QOL, in fact, it's the opposite. Over our two years of uptime, over 90% of our content has been geared towards gameplay and mechanics. Our PVP updates are to try and encourage PVP slightly more and to give users new things to do, but we understand they're not for everyone. We work on multiple updates simultaneously.

I'm glad you're not one of the people who simply scream "revert" then won't play once we do, but there's a large portion that does, and it's very demotivating to us. We've spent two years (and lots of money) on creating a server that we believe is far better than it used to, but people are nostalgic and can't get over the way things used to be. It's hard to change the economy midway through seasons without people getting upset & quitting. We'll obviously work on the issues & sort things, but it can sometimes prove to be tricky.

Hypixel Skyblock is COMPLETELY different from our network. They focus on an RPG based experience, something that if we were to do, we'd drop 95% of our players overnight. We focus on providing a fairly competitive Skyblock experience. We've tried to add new features to make things different, but people never like them. (as proven by the "revert" comments)

We're not at rock bottom, far from it. We're still one of the largest Minecraft servers and we're still doing well, albeit, not as well as we used to do. Obviously we've got things planned, but certain things that we simply cannot do.

I completely understand what you mean, and I respect both of you on all levels. It's fair to say that you're not at rock bottom, however, the player count has undeniably declined. Advertising isn't cheap, but its better allocated than shoving money to "kebab" and "dupetation"(Two of the top islands). I feel that if you were to increase or modify the following you could possibly end the 1.0 or revert dilemma: Increase the budget (Probably the hardest of all). Alter the spawners to compensate for the economy, the removal of useless spawners i.e chicken, sheep, and other animals. Also the nerfing of expensive and higher rewarding spawners that pay of in the T's or QD's. 1.0 only offered IG's. The removal of farmable items; dungeons. I understand that Minesaga gets money at the start of realms when players pay to win when buying dragon eggs, or other luck/gatcha items that offer a faster, easier, and stronger start from the rest of the competition, and although the server offers fun, it is a business, I suggest that you find a way around the kick start problem. When a team holds 5 spots, the same team rolls the following season, and this creates a problem for new players.

I never said that the server needs to act like Hypixel, undoubtedly the player count would plummet, however, the server will benefit if you were to treat the server more simply. Classic was a wreck, and that's because it was too dry, but if you could find a balance that between simple and plugin modded skyblock, the servers player count will most likely increase on its own (Looking at how Minesaga 1.0 treated the server). Progression from grinder to grinder instead of a hard dungeon to witches or cactus printing with p2w's doing /fly. The playing field should become closer to fair play early on, and this will allow players to be equal to a certain degree.

The updates are fun, creative, and nice to read, but has there really been the usage of these updates? The addition of game-changing updates midway through a season is absurd, and obviously would not happen, but these updates are bringing the server nowhere. If you slightly change spawners or other in-game mechanisms to slowdown the economy, that would make a greater impact than a wizard kit. These mynute changes won't harshly affect the server but will balance out the game. There is a developer team, and @System by saying you design the updates in order to save money, you could probably try to allocate the unconsidered advert money to make a healthy update (What does the dev team do besides build?).

The addition of factions will greatly increase the player base instead of prisons. Look at minecraftservers.org you will notice that the factions player base has 20x the number of players if not more. You could utilize game modes that new players and old players alike would enjoy.

Hopefully, you will take these ideas with a grain of salt, and change the idea of updates and resets.

Best of luck,
~Sxwish

WaterGrenade

Marquess
Wizard
Epic
Specialist
Wanted
Triceratops

Thanks for being an understanding owner towards what he said and not all out hostile... 😊 I appreciate it.
Other then that I agree with what Sxwish said, you can't hand out warnings for talking about advertising, yes its inefficient in some cases,but for example look at vanitymc.
Vanity has hands down alot of youtubers, but what do they get in return. They get thousands of players who spending thousands. There are teams that spent over 20 thousand dollars in one season. Here you barely see a total of 500dollar per team.

Maybe the server needs to be more pay to win honestly. Yes some players will get angry but in the long term perspective you'll earn more money that you can put into advertising. Maybe you can start doing better Twitter giveaways and have more then just randoms win it all the time... They have 10k followers you don't even have 40%. They have giveaways every week yoh don't. I understand this isn't a thread for such discussions but I think stuff needs to change... As system get the players aren't declining, they aren't growing. And that growth is needed if you want to get steady advertising which would bring more players in and minesaga will be worth much much more.