? Users online on discord!

Click to join our official discord server!

What's new

MineSaga.net

Click to copy the IP address!

Tips & Tricks When Applying

5h4dowHunt3r

Mage
Engineer
Hustler
These are some of my tips and tricks when applying for staff to boost your chances of being accepted. If you know any that I have missed just reply and il add them. Ex staff And Staff if you can please do the same. Hope this helps

Be Honest / Don't lie on your application. You should not lie on your application as it can/will be instantly denied. You will not get staff this way and staff or the application handler will know when ur lying.

Use Grammarly. I suggest Grammarly as it is free (has premium), easy to use and works on many websites including the forums. This shows professionalism and that you are putting in the effort to use this software to make your application look better.

Mature. Being mature shows that you can deal with players In an appropriate manner. They look for players that are mature so the server looks good as a whole and there are minimal issues

Have a good Punishment record. A good record can land you a spot in the staff team. Even though its, not the most important thing it sure helps. If u had many punishments close to your app you will most likely be denied. If you haven't been punished in a month or 2 your punishment history won't come into play as much.

Formal Writing. Have a formal application (This means no slag or cussing like 'brov' 'U' 'init' 'Sh*t' 'Fu**') This shows maturity and professionalism that the staff managers want to see. They want to see people that can set an example for the server not only the Admins+ but the helpers. Helpers are on a lot and if they are mature and formal it shows the server is good as a whole.

Knowledge. Knowledge of the server plays a massive role in becoming a staff member. If you join the server and have tiny knowledge of the server and apply you're most likely going to be denied. Having a wide knowledge on multiple realms will boost your chance but only 1 or 2 is ok.

Activity. You need to be active to become staff. There is no point in applying for staff if u have 10,20,30 mins of playtime. This makes you a staff hunter and will be instantly denied no matter how good your application is. Playtime and knowledge are kinda tied together.

Proof Reading/ Taking Time. Proof Reading your application is a massive thing you can do to boost your chance of an accepted application. If you read it and ask other people to read it they can help you and give you suggestion on how to make it better and if it makes sense on not. I recommend ex-staff as their application has been accepted and know what a good one looks like. Take your time with it. Spend a few days typing it up I know you want it to be submitted right away and see if ur accepted or denied. But trust me as a past staff manager (Different servers) and applied and become staff many times I know that this helps and looks better.

Format. This simple follow the format.

Readability. Make the format easy to read and nice on the eyes if it's all in 1 chunk of text it will be hard to read and hard to pick out important info you want the reader to see. It's also most likely for a staff application reader to denied it as they miss information and they can't see what's really there. Spread it out it takes an extra 5-10 mins and it really helps your chances.

Detail Detail Detail. Add detail it's so important in an application if you're detail is not there you won't be accepted simply. You can have thousands of words were you just waffle on about stuff with no detail and you be denied. But a 500 or 400-word application with tons of detail and just pure detail will be accepted as its not 'Quantity its quality.'

Research. Do your research look at the accept applications see why there accepted. Look at the denied and see why they were denied make notes and make sure you do the accepted ones did and don't do what the denied did. This will boost your chance.

Feeback. Take your feedback from people and edit your application accordingly I recommend ex-staff to ask for suggestions.

If you have any more please comment and I will add them. Thanks. Hope this helps.

-5h4dowHunt3r

Last edited:

Popstopdash

Legend
Earl
Have a good Punishment record
theres no such thing as "good punishments"

If you read it and ask other people to read it (Non-SrMods + and without it being submitted) They can help you and give you suggestion on how to make it better and if it makes sense on not
staff isnt allowed to help you with your app, not srmods+ and not helpers+

Readability. Make the format easy to read and nice on the eyes if it's all in 1 chunk of text it will be hard to read and hard to pick out important info you want the reader to see. It's also most likely for a staff application reader to denied it as they miss information and they can't see what's really there.
uh no, it doesnt matter how you format it, even if it would be the best format the world has seen it can still be denied, not because they missed something, but because of lack of detail/playtime or punishment record

You can have thousands of words were you just waffle on about stuff with no detail and you be denied. But a 500 or 400-word application with tons of detail and just pure detail will be accepted as its not 'Quantity its quality.'
again, you can have a 10000 word app but it can be denied due to many reasons that dont include the app

This shows professionalism and that you are putting in the effort to use this software to make your application look better.
this isnt "showing professionalism" writing an app without any help (from people or apps) shows professionalism

look, i know that youre trying to help people and i appreciate it but dont spread misinformation

5h4dowHunt3r

Mage
Engineer
Hustler
theres no such thing as "good punishments"

staff isnt allowed to help you with your app, not srmods+ and not helpers+

uh no, it doesnt matter how you format it, even if it would be the best format the world has seen it can still be denied, not because they missed something, but because of lack of detail/playtime or punishment record

again, you can have a 10000 word app but it can be denied due to many reasons that dont include the app

this isnt "showing professionalism" writing an app without any help (from people or apps) shows professionalism

look, i know that youre trying to help people and i appreciate it but dont spread misinformation

Good punishment record. I mean a clean record of punishments or only 1 or 2 punishments.

Staff and ex staff can give u pointers and suggestions

I don't find this as misinformation as I have been a staff manager many years and this is what I look for

Ozaqu

Commander
Wanted
Triceratops
Warden
Viscount
Warlock
Rip my staff then.... I have like 30 punishments

KiterBry

Saga
Wizard
Paladin
Ight so let's see how many of these boxes you don't tick or will never:
- being honest/not lying
You lie all the time
- good grammar or use grammarly
LOL you should look at using grammarly ingame chat because your grammar ain't that good is it
- Mature
Well no. Just no.
- good punishment history
If anyone has a bad rep it's yourself, so big nono putting this in.
- Formal writing
Never seen you string more than 2 words together without insulting someone or being toxic.
- knowledge
Oh you probs know how to play, as you've played a bit in the past. At least i should hope you picked up something in that time lol
Cba to comment on the other stuff you put in but mate this is utter nonsense. Cool if you're a staff manager somewhere else but they'll probs have very low standards if they accepted you as staff. Ms sets high standards for their mods, but if you know how to become mod id love to see you apply and get staff.
Kiter out.

KiterBry

Saga
Wizard
Paladin
In retrospect you know all the criteria for becoming staff, you just don't qualify for 90% of them.

RR1076

Marquess
Sorcerer
Astronaut
Buckaroo
Pterodactyl
Convict
hmmmm advice from a non qualified person.

Corning

Commander
Cowboy
Tyrannosaurus
Marquess
Mage
Burglar
Have a good Punishment record
-
I know people that have gotten blacklisted and banned for abusing bugs that could've won you is top but yet they still got staff.

Jalyn

Commander
Tyrannosaurus
Wanted
Baron
Good punishment record. I mean a clean record of punishments or only 1 or 2 punishments.

Staff and ex staff can give u pointers and suggestions

I don't find this as misinformation as I have been a staff manager many years and this is what I look for
nobody has a clean record. we all make mistakes.

Jalyn

Commander
Tyrannosaurus
Wanted
Baron
These are some of my tips and tricks when applying for staff to boost your chances of being accepted. If you know any that I have missed just reply and il add them. Ex staff And Staff if you can please do the same. Hope this helps

Be Honest / Don't lie on your application. You should not lie on your application as it can/will be instantly denied. You will not get staff this way and staff or the application handler will know when ur lying.

Use Grammarly. I suggest Grammarly as it is free (has premium), easy to use and works on many websites including the forums. This shows professionalism and that you are putting in the effort to use this software to make your application look better.

Mature. Being mature shows that you can deal with players In an appropriate manner. They look for players that are mature so the server looks good as a whole and there are minimal issues

Have a good Punishment record. A good record can land you a spot in the staff team. Even though its, not the most important thing it sure helps. If u had many punishments close to your app you will most likely be denied. If you haven't been punished in a month or 2 your punishment history won't come into play as much.

Formal Writing. Have a formal application (This means no slag or cussing like 'brov' 'U' 'init' 'Sh*t' 'Fu**') This shows maturity and professionalism that the staff managers want to see. They want to see people that can set an example for the server not only the Admins+ but the helpers. Helpers are on a lot and if they are mature and formal it shows the server is good as a whole.

Knowledge. Knowledge of the server plays a massive role in becoming a staff member. If you join the server and have tiny knowledge of the server and apply you're most likely going to be denied. Having a wide knowledge on multiple realms will boost your chance but only 1 or 2 is ok.

Activity. You need to be active to become staff. There is no point in applying for staff if u have 10,20,30 mins of playtime. This makes you a staff hunter and will be instantly denied no matter how good your application is. Playtime and knowledge are kinda tied together.

Proof Reading/ Taking Time. Proof Reading your application is a massive thing you can do to boost your chance of an accepted application. If you read it and ask other people to read it they can help you and give you suggestion on how to make it better and if it makes sense on not. I recommend ex-staff as their application has been accepted and know what a good one looks like. Take your time with it. Spend a few days typing it up I know you want it to be submitted right away and see if ur accepted or denied. But trust me as a past staff manager (Different servers) and applied and become staff many times I know that this helps and looks better.

Format. This simple follow the format.

Readability. Make the format easy to read and nice on the eyes if it's all in 1 chunk of text it will be hard to read and hard to pick out important info you want the reader to see. It's also most likely for a staff application reader to denied it as they miss information and they can't see what's really there. Spread it out it takes an extra 5-10 mins and it really helps your chances.

Detail Detail Detail. Add detail it's so important in an application if you're detail is not there you won't be accepted simply. You can have thousands of words were you just waffle on about stuff with no detail and you be denied. But a 500 or 400-word application with tons of detail and just pure detail will be accepted as its not 'Quantity its quality.'

Research. Do your research look at the accept applications see why there accepted. Look at the denied and see why they were denied make notes and make sure you do the accepted ones did and don't do what the denied did. This will boost your chance.

Feeback. Take your feedback from people and edit your application accordingly I recommend ex-staff to ask for suggestions.

If you have any more please comment and I will add them. Thanks. Hope this helps.

-5h4dowHunt3r
i have to disagree with A LOT of things in this.

VulcanRocks

Commander
Cowboy
Marquess
Wizard
Warden
Velociraptor
MineSaga is different then most servers, unless you have been staff on here do NOT post these things.

5h4dowHunt3r

Mage
Engineer
Hustler
MineSaga is different then most servers, unless you have been staff on here do NOT post these things.
Im allowed to post tips from my own knowledge and my years of working as a staff member and 2 years of being a staff manager. SO I do have every right to post this