? Users online on discord!

Click to join our official discord server!

What's new

MineSaga.org

Click to copy the IP address!

IMPORTANT MineSaga Rules and Guidelines

Gullible

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
MineSaga Rules and Guidelines

This thread contains all the rules and guidlines you need to abide by when playing on the MineSaga network. If you do not follow these rules you will be punished by a member of our staff team. If you see anyone breaking these rules and wish to report them, feel free to make a thread in our player reports section.

FORUM, CHAT AND DISCORD RULES
Vulgar Language
Cursing or any sort of vulgar language, towards a player or not, is not allowed on the network. Our network is played by a lot of younger children for which reason we want to keep the chat as clean as we possibly can. Failing to comply with this rule will result in you being muted.

Double Posting
Double posting is not allowed at all. This includes sending the same message again with a few corrections in it rather than just sending the correction below. Double posting will get you warned, and if you continue you will be muted. Console clients are also not allowed to double post. Messages have to be 2 minutes apart if you are setting up a script on them.

Tagging Staff Members
This rule applies to Discord only. You are not allowed to tag staff members in our Discord server. Doing so will get you warned and if you continue to do this you will be removed from the Discord.

Advertising and links in chat
Links in chat are fine as long as they do not advertise any other Minecraft server or contain anything that could be deemed as inappropriate. Do not put in chat any links such as referral links or anything along those lines.

Advertising any other Minecraft network is not allowed. Whether this is a YouTube video that advertises another server (as mentioned above) or an IP in chat. This includes in private messages.

Spam Encouragement
An example of this would be "Who wants free money??". You are not allowed to encourage the chat to spam. Doing so will get yourself muted.

Player Disrespect and Staff Disrespect
We have a vast number of small children on our network, for which reason we want to keep the chat as clean and as nice as possible. Do not insult or disrespect any user on our network. Whether you may be saying it as a joke to them or not, it is not acceptable. Even if the user you are talking to is your friend, do not do it as the same punishments will apply.

Our staff team works very hard to keep the server up to the right standards. Please respect them and make them feel welcomed. Whether you call them "a bad staff member" or personally insult them, this is staff disrespect. If you do think they are a bad staff member then you can report them on the forums.

Racism and Discrimination
Racism and Discrimination is quite frankly disgusting. If you are caught saying anthing racist or discriminating you will be permanently removed from the network. Some examples of this are calling people disrepsectful nick names based on their racial group, calling people homophobic names and categorising people into ethnic groups. Whether you mean this to harm someone, or you are saying it in a joking manner to your friends, you will be banned.

Suicidal Encouragement
Anyone caught saying death threats, or encouraging someone to hurt themselves will be banned from the network. Again, even if you say "kys" to a friend, it is not acceptable and you will be punished.

DDos or DOX Comedy
Both of the above things are completely illegal and will not be tolerated at all on our network. Where you are joking around to your friends saying that you are going to "ddos them", or whether you actually plan on following through with your threat, you will be removed from the network. This is completely unacceptable.

Staff Impersonation
Pretending to be a staff member is against our rules. This can be in the form of nick naming yourself to the name of a staff member, saying that you're going to give out punishments or just straight up telling people that you are a staff member. You will be muted if you are caught doing this.

Inappropriate Nickname
Anything that you put as your nick name that you would not say in chat is classed as an inappropriate nick name. If you put anything in your nick name that breaks the rules above you will be asked to remove it. If you fail to do so you will lose permission to change your nick name.

Wasting staff time
Our staff are a crucial part to our network, and having their time wasted is extremely annoying. Anything from false reports, leading staff on or creating false problems for them to come and try and solve is not allowed.

SERVER RULES
Auto Mine Macros
Auto mine macros are not allowed at all. This essentially means that you cannot leave an alternative account running 24/7 executing commands while still mining. This includes them being able to /fix all or executing commands like /home.

Island Top
There are a few rules for island top. Coupons are to be used before the following Friday unless you are told otherwise. Coupons are also to be used on the realm you win them on unless you are told otherwise. If you are caught transfering levels between islands without updating your island levels, you will be disqualified from island top.

TP Trapping
TP trapping will get you banned, whether this may be a nether portal trap or something else. Don't do it and expect to get away with it.

Spawner Stacking
Due to performance benefits, all users are required to stack their spawners. This means that if you have 1 villager spawner for example, you cannot place another spawner until you have maxed that stack. Obviously this only applies to per farm, and not per island or anything like that.

Alt Limit
As every other server seems have to removed this, so have we. There is no alt limit on any of our realms, however, there are some rules. Alt accounts can only be online if they have a purpose such as AFKing spawners, AFKing farms or something like that. They cannot just be standing on your island collecting keys. You may still have 4 alts + your main collecting keys.

Ban Evasion
If you are banned from MineSaga and you try to login to another account while you are still banned, you will be blacklisted from the network and unable to join ever again. We strongly suggest not using alt shops as they commonly resell the same account. These accounts are usually banned on MineSaga so if you login you may be banned by our staff team for ban evading.

Cheating
Anything that gives you an advantage over another player is classed as cheating. From autoclicking to xray to mob aura, you are not allowed to do this. Caught doing this and you will be permanently banned from the network.

IRL trading and Account Sales
This is completely prohibited. You are not allowed to trade anything in game for money on any platform. An example of this would be selling your spawners for PayPal money. This is not allowed, however you can sell your spawners in exchange for buycraft items that another users purchases for you. This also includes selling your island top gift cards. If found out, they will just be deleted.

Account sales are also not allowed, we are not a marketplace.

Scamming and Auction House Scamming
Scamming is not allowed at all. However you do the scam, whether it be through renaming spawners and putting them on auction house or doing it VIA /trade you will be banned. It is not fair on other players to be scammed all of their hard work.

Stat boosting
Boosting your statistics on any of our servers such as Kits will get you permanently banned.

Insiding
Insiding is now bannable. If you are insided please leave a player report. We may not be able to recover all your items but we will be able to ban the player that insided you. This should hopefully prevent a lot of people from insiding. Items placed on any island become the property of the island leader. If the island leader chooses to kick you, we cannot get your items back.

Economy Abuse
We offer a server based economy with a shop that has unlimited funds, however sometimes we may mis-configure this which results in unfair economy advantages such as buying something, and selling it for more, or a spawner being too cheap as apposed to its projected income. Another example of this would be a block in the shop that gives a lot more island value than it should do. Please note this only applies to server provided economies, such as /shop.

Report Abuse & Help OP
We implemented a command for you to report players to make it easier for you. Abusing this by putting in false reasons to get a staff members attention, or putting in random rubbish is a punishable offence.

Exploiting or Bug Abuse
Exploiting and bug at all, whether it be vanilla Minecraft or one of our plugins is not allowed. Things like duplication glitches are completely prohibited from using and you should report to a staff member if you ever stumble across one. Failing to report any exploits or bugs will result in your being blacklisted.

Custom tags
We have added custom tags to our store. If your tag is rude, or offence in anyway it will be taken off you by a staff member and you will lose that tag.

Last edited:
+1 loving the new rules :) if we do !rules in ingame chat will it link to this post? If not ..is that even a thing that's doable?

Just a little typo but it can be taken the wrong way! :)

Spam Encouragement
An example of this would be "Who wants free money??". You are "now" (should be "not"?)allowed to encourage the chat to spam. Doing so will get yourself muted.

As an old fart it is nice to see that you want to punish toxic behavior, let's hope you have enough staff to do so! :)

so keep banter and name calling with friends to /msg or island chat to protect the sensitive ones that can't handle seeing certain words on a screen. ooookay.

glad you made insiding bannable finally.

Great job getting these in one place. I hope the rules will be reviewed regularly and updated as needed.

Professed

Should really add more extensive rules for discord since theres so many times I've been banned for rules I didn't even know exist?? Like tagging 2 people is a ban and that kind of stuff

Thank you Gullible for what I have been saying all along about keeping it's peaceful place for the young kids that play here! ONLY reason why I kept mentioning it so many times! I'm happy to see that!

Thank you Gullible for what I have been saying all along about keeping it's peaceful place for the young kids that play here! ONLY reason why I kept mentioning it so many times! I'm happy to see that!
kids young enough to understand and be offended by words that a stranger said on the internet shouldn't be on it in the first place.

Last edited:
I play here with my daughter, she is 5, she can not read everything that people say, I usually just disable her chat so she isn't distracted by the spam. I am grateful for the new rules and look forward to having someplace that I can play with her and not be worried about what she reads. @RainbowPisanos children need to know about the internet and the dangers of it, I will not have my child be tech illiterate when she starts school in 7 months. She is not completely sheltered, she knows there are negative people in the world. Some people just have to try harder to be nice because of whatever made them negative in the first place, but everyone can be nice, it's not impossible. Some people are just too lazy to try and given up.

I play here with my daughter, she is 5, she can not read everything that people say, I usually just disable her chat so she isn't distracted by the spam. I am grateful for the new rules and look forward to having someplace that I can play with her and not be worried about what she reads. @RainbowPisanos children need to know about the internet and the dangers of it, I will not have my child be tech illiterate when she starts school in 7 months. She is not completely sheltered, she knows there are negative people in the world. Some people just have to try harder to be nice because of whatever made them negative in the first place, but everyone can be nice, it's not impossible. Some people are just too lazy to try and given up.
you're old enough to have a daughter but young enough to still have faith in others? cool.

and uh, i agree with the "children need to know about the internet and the dangers of it" part.

i'm not saying that "kids shouldn't be on the internet" because they should. but if they're young enough to get offended by things that strangers say, then they should mature a bit before playing a server where being "child friendly" isn't a top priority.
i also understand that you want to keep your child safe on the internet, but understanding technology isn't much of a top thing to get done in primary school. additionally, there is no way that everybody can be nice.

i do have to agree with quite a bit of this post but don't about the rest. thanks for actually having a point, and for once i'm being somewhat genuine.

if you would like to discuss this further, feel free to pm me so as not to clutter up this thread.

Mena

Personally I wish they put the actual consequences/Punishments in the rules to outline the actions that will occur if you were to break the rule. So we as members can pull up any staff member who falsely punish players. This is directed for new/younger members to help them understand their actions have consequences so there’s no excuse on both sides.

Piggyback

I mean yes kids do play this but if a kid is playing the game, and they are offended by swearing how is that anyone’s fault? They could simply just not play or mute chat. Swearing has become basic vocabulary for the majority of people, and it’s hard just to block that out

Anyway glad to see insiding is a ban

Mena

I mean yes kids do play this but if a kid is playing the game, and they are offended by swearing how is that anyone’s fault? They could simply just not play or mute chat. Swearing has become basic vocabulary for the majority of people, and it’s hard just to block that out

Anyway glad to see insiding is a ban
I don’t understand your logic.

The main obvious reason for these changes are to improve the community for younger players. Now originally I was quite the same as you but I reflected on the rule for a while and it’s clear to me that not many people would be effected by this I’m-game or on forums. A lot of older people don’t swear in-game . So it will be the minority of players that will be having issues with this rule.

You might find this irrelevant but my 8 year old sister plays the game now and she likes to see the chat, she doesn’t know many commands and at times I have to help her. She would be a victim to vulgar language, yes I know she’ll most likely pick it up already but she’s 8 and it shouldn’t be a regular thing to cuss.

I’m probably a big culprit for swearing in discord calls but I always make sure there’s only older people in the call out of habit.

I would believe the insiding rule is most useless rule on the rule page.

I don’t understand your logic.

The main obvious reason for these changes are to improve the community for younger players. Now originally I was quite the same as you but I reflected on the rule for a while and it’s clear to me that not many people would be effected by this I’m-game or on forums. A lot of older people don’t swear in-game . So it will be the minority of players that will be having issues with this rule.

You might find this irrelevant but my 8 year old sister plays the game now and she likes to see the chat, she doesn’t know many commands and at times I have to help her. She would be a victim to vulgar language, yes I know she’ll most likely pick it up already but she’s 8 and it shouldn’t be a regular thing to cuss.

I’m probably a big culprit for swearing in discord calls but I always make sure there’s only older people in the call out of habit.

I would believe the insiding rule is most useless rule on the rule page.
💯 I agree with you, I don't want to see it and I don't want my kids to see it and they are 10yo and 11yo. Yes they know them! But they don't say them! WORSE thing they will say is "flip, fudge or oOF" I'm glad that you got on board now. As I'm sure you have seen me many times in discord trying to push the cursing and being rude to others. We are a community for many different backgrounds and ages, only way for it to grow as a server IMO is for it to enforce that rule. Don't want to push people away (mainly the youth would rage) Which lowers the server base. Some ya just play here for fun, others play for IS top and even if they're young doesn't mean their parent(s) won't support the server for them to enjoy!

The insider thing I don't agree with your statement there for the fact that it happened today on the kids island they're part of and it was "only" my daughter's Val's that were taken! So I'll be glad to see people like this taking away from others hard work, doesn't matter the age be banned!