? Users online on discord!

Click to join our official discord server!

What's new

MineSaga.net

Click to copy the IP address!

Jackpot Suggestion

Tono

Cowboy
Revamp /jackpot so you can bet not just money but also items. For example I do “/jackpot bet hand” and the tier3 hopper I was holding gets added to a jackpot GUI. When the timer runs out, winner gets all the prizes. Let me know what you all think!

Piggyback

Moderation Team
Staff member
I could get my alts on a script to log in and then ./jackpot bet hand, and it would be flooded to with iron helmets ( or whatever item it is in hotbar1)

I don’t really see this being able to work and don’t personally think it’s that good to be implemented.

Tono

Cowboy
I could get my alts on a script to log in and then ./jackpot bet hand, and it would be flooded to with iron helmets ( or whatever item it is in hotbar1)

I don’t really see this being able to work and don’t personally think it’s that good to be implemented.

I feel like there is always a scare for alts. I could do the same thing now with the current jackpot, all betting 1 dollar. If I have 200 alts do that I’m almost guaranteed to win most of the time. But I see your point

Edit: Plus I don’t see why anyone would take the time to do this. Most people don’t even care about the jackpot so this could just be an idea to improve it!

Piggyback

Moderation Team
Staff member
I feel like there is always a scare for alts. I could do the same thing now with the current jackpot, all betting 1 dollar. If I have 200 alts do that I’m almost guaranteed to win most of the time. But I see your point

Edit: Plus I don’t see why anyone would take the time to do this. Most people don’t even care about the jackpot so this could just be an idea to improve it!
How would you value items though? As if someone put a hopper in and someone put a torch in, youd need the hopper to be worth more than a torch

Tono

Cowboy
How would you value items though? As if someone put a hopper in and someone put a torch in, youd need the hopper to be worth more than a torch
I don’t think it would matter. You can have the overall money bet displayed in chat like it is and then you execute a command like “/jackpot prizes” to see what items have been bet. Then, you know what you will be winning. So if there’s a hopper in there with a torch, if doesn’t matter it one value is higher than another, you’re gonna get both of them if you win.

Piggyback

Moderation Team
Staff member
I don’t think it would matter. You can have the overall money bet displayed in chat like it is and then you execute a command like “/jackpot prizes” to see what items have been bet. Then, you know what you will be winning. So if there’s a hopper in there with a torch, if doesn’t matter it one value is higher than another, you’re gonna get both of them if you win.
The point is that a person with a higher % would win and more valued items = higher percent. Why would anyone put in a tier 3 hopper if there was a 50% chance they would win a stick or 50% they lose their hopper

(50% is just an example if two people entered)
(The two items are just examples of items possible)

Tono

Cowboy
The point is that a person with a higher % would win and more valued items = higher percent. Why would anyone put in a tier 3 hopper if there was a 50% chance they would win a stick or 50% they lose their hopper

(50% is just an example if two people entered)
(The two items are just examples of items possible)
That makes sense. If a dev who created the new plugin wanted to they could make placeholders for each item but that would be extremely hard. Despite that, I believe it is still a good idea because it gives you a chance to win stuff and also to lose. Maybe it’s more of a lottery system with items instead of a jackpot type plugin.

SwiftESwiftE

Wizard
Triceratops
Earl
Outlaw
Burglar
Astronaut
I mean it’s a good suggestion but many people would abuse it so -1

Popstopdash

Legend
Earl
i don't think that this is a good idea, even if this will be added people will be putting worthless poop