? Users online on discord!

Click to join our official discord server!

What's new

MineSaga.org

Click to copy the IP address!

Issues with minion chunkloading

Dognut

Okay so first off, this may be in the wrong subforum but first time posting and all!

So anyway, here goes:

I'm playing on utopia and had built a cactus farm (all within one chunk) and placed my minion directly below it and upgraded to level 2. I then logged off for 16 hours and when I came back I had gained no cacti whatsoever. I made sure all the hoppers and chests were in the same chunk as the cactus and minion so I don't see why it didn't keep the chunk loaded? And yes, I made sure the minion was on chunkloading mode so it should have stayed loaded.

Okay so first off, this may be in the wrong subforum but first time posting and all!

So anyway, here goes:

I'm playing on utopia and had built a cactus farm (all within one chunk) and placed my minion directly below it and upgraded to level 2. I then logged off for 16 hours and when I came back I had gained no cacti whatsoever. I made sure all the hoppers and chests were in the same chunk as the cactus and minion so I don't see why it didn't keep the chunk loaded? And yes, I made sure the minion was on chunkloading mode so it should have stayed loaded.
Minions have not been loading chunks for almost a couple weeks now, a post was made earlier and one of the mods insisted it was a problem with the farm but its not, minions are still bugged and almost useless rn

Dognut

Minions have not been loading chunks for almost a couple weeks now, a post was made earlier and one of the mods insisted it was a problem with the farm but its not, minions are still bugged and almost useless rn
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I wasn't sure if I was the only one having an issue or if others were too

betonmewinning2

Not 100% positive on this but I think you have to be logged onto the server for the minion to load the chunk.

Geathman707

Minion chunk loading does work just not for Redstone. I have a minion mining and another in the same chunk loading it. The chest I have designated for the minion to put items in is full every time I log on. I have hoppers pulling the items into a dropper to shoot items out when they enter it but everything gets backed up and full of items. I'm on Jurassic.

Minion chunk loading does work just not for Redstone. I have a minion mining and another in the same chunk loading it. The chest I have designated for the minion to put items in is full every time I log on. I have hoppers pulling the items into a dropper to shoot items out when they enter it but everything gets backed up and full of items. I'm on Jurassic.
minions will mine while offline, they work for that, that is the only thing they are good for rn they do not afk the chunk.

Dognut

Not 100% positive on this but I think you have to be logged onto the server for the minion to load the chunk.
Someone suggested this in discord but System said this isn't true and they should load regardless of if you are online or not

SickenerGod

So anyway, here goes:

This is a glitch i think, maybe try afking it yourself?

A

AgentTroll

Your farm is located at the intersection of 4 chunks. A chunk is not an arbitrary 16x16 space, you must check your coordinates using the F3 to make sure that it is within the chunk boundary.

Dognut

Your farm is located at the intersection of 4 chunks. A chunk is not an arbitrary 16x16 space, you must check your coordinates using the F3 to make sure that it is within the chunk boundary.
Yeah I know I moved it now and afk it using a second account but prior this I had it in one chunk along with the chests and hoppers yet the minion still wouldn't load it

Land

try downloading a chunk border mod, i use one and it's really helpful. make sure the cactus farm is completely in one chunk and make sure the minion is in the same chunk as well

A

AgentTroll

If your farm doesn't work it's not up to me to fix it for you. Minions work completely fine.

try downloading a chunk border mod, i use one and it's really helpful. make sure the cactus farm is completely in one chunk and make sure the minion is in the same chunk as well
You don't need a mod for this, hit f3 + g...