? Users online on discord!

Click to join our official discord server!

What's new

MineSaga.org

Click to copy the IP address!

Changes to bosses

HopperElecYT

Sorcerer
- Make it so lightning spawned by bosses can't destroy entities
- Make it so players not part of the island aren't effected by bosses

Story: I was killing bosses today with quite a few OP things in my inventory when I realized my armour was about to die so I went to /spawn to /fix it and when I took my armour off I still died and thought I'd lost all my stuff (turns out most of it somehow went into a T4 at my island) even though I was at spawn and because I didn't have stuff, I couldn't even stay alive for more than 10 seconds even at spawn because I kept just dying so I had to just keep clicking respawn till a friend could give me new armour and I had to rush it on so I didn't lose it so that I could actually get to my base. When I did get to my base, said friend (Chat_Poilu) also realized their alt sitting on my island had died meaning loads of it's dungeons passes it had when it was AFK at my island (not even an island member!). Just a few weeks ago, someone not from the island also managed to abuse the lightning from bosses to destroy item frames with OP items used to shop what a shop was for...

Possible scenarios:
- Someone could be about to die so they tp somewhere else and someone else gets it
- Someone could spawn a boss then someone could visit their shop and die
- Someone could spawn a boss then tpa someone onto hoppers (tp trapping)
- Someone could have a player AFK at their island then they'd die from the boss and the AFK session would be closed and they'd lose dungeon passes they got from AFKing
- Someone could lose boss items after killing it
- Someone could buy bosses and another item on the store then lose the items because they tried to use said bosses and died

Last edited:

firesteel4

Moderation Team
Staff member
Bosses are supposed to be a bit challenging, that why they are called bosses. We have golden apples, and as long as your smart about it, you shouldn't be able to die. For the second suggestion, I would again disagree because a lot of player use the bosses to kill their alts rapidly to get the things the alts have collected. An easy solution would just to be have a boss box, with a door, you can get in and out of quickly, so alts / other players don't die and so you have a place to safely repair your items. If you lose things to the boss that is why they are called a boss, because you are supposed to have to fight it, not just idly click at it.

dyedye

Outlaw
Burglar
Engineer
Bosses are supposed to be a bit challenging, that why they are called bosses. We have golden apples, and as long as your smart about it, you shouldn't be able to die. For the second suggestion, I would again disagree because a lot of player use the bosses to kill their alts rapidly to get the things the alts have collected. An easy solution would just to be have a boss box, with a door, you can get in and out of quickly, so alts / other players don't die and so you have a place to safely repair your items. If you lose things to the boss that is why they are called a boss, because you are supposed to have to fight it, not just idly click at it.
I agree man

RR1076

Marquess
Astronaut
Buckaroo
Pterodactyl
Goblin
Convict
-1 just fight in area away from players and alts, and empty inv beforehand.

HopperElecYT

Sorcerer
People can still abuse bosses to kill unexpecting players though, and the lightning hits all players on an island regardless of how far away they are from them. If you want an area to safely repair your items, you'll still get hit by lightning

Antr0p0s

Legend
Commander
Cowboy
Tyrannosaurus
Marquess
Wizard
Epic
People can still abuse bosses to kill unexpecting players though, and the lightning hits all players on an island regardless of how far away they are from them. If you want an area to safely repair your items, you'll still get hit by lightning
which would be bug abuse and is bannable

KiterBry

Saga
Wizard
Paladin
Stop post farming with these suggestions, make one post and have everything in there. Your suggestions are not great tbh, just use an alt island if you are so certain the lightning kill everyone on the island. I've never seen that happen before in the years I've been playing minesaga.

HopperElecYT

Sorcerer
Stop post farming with these suggestions, make one post and have everything in there. Your suggestions are not great tbh, just use an alt island if you are so certain the lightning kill everyone on the island. I've never seen that happen before in the years I've been playing minesaga.
I don't use alts

ruuzZ

Commander
Cowboy
Tyrannosaurus
Marquess
Wizard
Epic
Already left, so can't do that anymore :/

Gullible

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
Plus
I agree with firesteel.

They’re really not hard to do if you enclose them in a cobble box and fight them with some armour from like the nether.