? Users online on discord!

Click to join our official discord server!

What's new

MineSaga.org

Click to copy the IP address!

Bye

Mena

Just kinda done with owners representing their community in such a horrible way. A year ago I enjoyed playing here I had genuine enjoyment of talking to people in discord. But now all I see is people telling each other to shut up and calling each other freaks. In someways I can understand being less strict to players but as an ex staff member our priority was always to ensure a safe environment for members.

I mean I’m not innocent either I’ve grown out of frustration of dealing with the same clowns. Which ultimately isn’t fun to deal with everyday. From constantly seeing players bullied to leaving or banning players who don’t respond to a question you ask. This server is dying and it’s mostly because you’re the ones killing it. As much as you guys seem to care, how you talk to members reflects the opposite. I don’t blame you for being tired and frustrated with constantly being asked or criticised on things.

But making choices such as adding a friend rank or small changes that are obviously showing favouritism. I mean you now have accepted staff applications who have 5 pages of calling people fat freaks. It just feels like you’re sabotaging yourself. I can only hope that this community changes for the best but from what I can tell it’s just a lot of alts and people are just bored.

Before I leave I just want you to know I do feel forced to leave. I understand owners have final says but blackmailing, using their power to make people uncomfortable or using their power to intimidate. It’s wrong, you shouldn’t be using any sort of power to intimidate anyone you should have a sense of professionalism but looking back maybe my tolerance was lower. Maybe this was bound to happen.

Anyway actions speak louder then words and the owners seem to want people to leave including myself.

Bye.

TheFlashIsOnYT

Marquess
Mage
Pilot
Outlaw
Burglar
Pterodactyl
i mean you’ve said you’re leaving like 2 times and came back lol so actually bye?

System

Leadership Team
Staff member
Server Owner
Plus
Pro
I agree with somethings, and less so with others, so lets get started.

Just kinda done with owners representing their community in such a horrible way.
This is a two way street. There is two of us that handle the day to day community of MineSaga, and yet day in day out for the past few months all we've been faced with is people constantly bad talking the network. Every day I look in the discord, and it's another discussion about how bad MineSaga is doing and how it's dying and this and that. It is so hard to sit there and have a fair discussion with someone if they are constantly talking smack about your creation and eventually you do get to the point where you've had enough -- and like with you, we just end up banning them because we cannot handle it. It might not be the right action but it's all we have left.

The matter of the fact is, running a server is hard. Finding the right balance of everything is hard, and when we think we have the right balance, it's thrown in our face. Players don't know what they want, they ask for one thing and expect the complete other. People ask for updates so we release updates, and then we get told
see the community doesn't really want more
I'm sorry, you've been asking for updates, we bring them, and you complain. We get told to advertise like it's the click of the button, when it's not. Advertising is a declicorate process of hand picking YouTubers, striking a fair deal with them, which is hard when your competition has funds to overpay them, and after all that they may make no impact on the playercount (See more here).

but as an ex staff member our priority was always to ensure a safe environment for members.
And this is still the priority, however finding that right balance is always changing, people are always demanding more or less and we have to constantly change our rules, re-educate our staff and explain to everyone what is or isn't allowed. Finding the right balance becomes near impossible when most your attention is drawn to people who are talking smack, yes, this again.

I mean you now have accepted staff applications who have 5 pages of calling people fat freaks.
Us owners attempt to have little involvement with staff applications, I mean it. Penguins is in charge of them, with the several of the other administrators permitted to add their opinion, we rarely get involved, staff can be accepted, promoted, and then demoted without us being asked. We attempt to have this seperation to ensure there is no bias involed.

You didn't name her, but I will - Kayla's app. We didn't accept her, yes, MineSaga I guess, accepted her, and once I was aware, I voiced my concerns and suggested that she shouldn't be allowed staff (due to various reasons, i.e lack of playtime) It's been decided that she'll be allowed an interview, and pass or fail will result in her status as a staff member. The interview process covers a lot.

Obviously, she'll have to follow a strict set of rules from then on. I'm aware of the short comings in our current staff application and it's on our list to deal with it -- but along side trying to 'advertise', bring in new players, discuss/argue with those who talk smack about us to uphold our brand. It's near impossible to deal with everything at once.

people are just bored.
I'm sure they are, but then they suggest removing loads of content and that'll make the game fun again? People are bored, and as such they're complaining, and quitting, but not really quitting, just more complaining. People don't seem to think that we don't notice our player count, or our status as a whole, or think we are attempting to do something about it, maybe they do, but it's not easy.

owners seem to want people to leave
We don't want people in our community, who soley exist to attack our network. We welcome complaints, like this thread. It has highlighted some issues that I'll definitely be addressing in good time, but we cannot stand those who simply attack us. Like today in the discord, with the "System I still think that’s a poor excuse" after I was attempting to hold a conversation with you over your opinion about Kaya's app (I assume), but you just decided to attack us, and then not allow any further discussion, which makes our server look bad, and is something we have never allowed where as I would have happily discussed her app with you.

Last edited:

Sxwish

Tyrannosaurus
Outlaw
Viscount
Engineer
Warlock
I'm sure they are, but then they suggest removing loads of content and that'll make the game fun again? People are bored, and as such they're complaining, and quitting, but not really quitting, just more complaining. People don't seem to think that we don't notice our player count, or our status as a whole, or think we are attempting to do something about it, maybe they do, but it's not easy.
System, the players are talking on behalf of the afking problem. I feel empathetic of your situation working from the ground up, however, you saying that you have staff in control of your stuff makes me feel that you don't put effort in the minesaga community (Not saying you aren't) 90% of suggestions are just revert 1.0, but if you add a more player appearent update, that will convince the players now that they can't just afk a ton of alts.